deadstock fabric

Deadstock it’s any leftover fabric that can’t be used for its original purpose or order fulfilment anymore. It might come from brands who ordered too much fabric, from mills producing incorrect colours or damaged or flawed fabric, or from cancelled orders. It’s fabric that would be thrown away if someone did not use it.

It has nothing to do with sustainable materials, since the fibers of these fabrics can be of any type due to their purpose, however we search this kind of fabric locally every season and we make sure to pick up the best quality materials of the remnants already existing. Meaning that what has been created with this type of fabric will be unique or very limited.



The global organic textile standard refers to a stringent and comprehensive certification process covering harvesting, processing,dying, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, exportation, importation and distribution of all natural fibre products to ensure textiles organic status. These requirements provide assurance to end consumers that products are made in both environmentally and socially responsbile manufacturing.



STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is one of the world’s best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances. 

We make sure that the fabrics we buy for our statement collections contains this label meaning that are made under strict regulations, It stands for customer confidence and high product safety.



The third most commonly used textile fiber, generic viscose, seems environmentally friendly due to it’s natural source. The method of the sourcing of wood pulp, however, is actually detrimental to the environment- requiring an abundant amount of non-reusable water and clearing of old growth forests.

Because we love working with this material for its uniqueness way of draping, general comfort to the skin and softness we don’t approve the way of producing this material and that’s why we source it from deadstock.


Organic cotton

While often considered as the leading natural renewable fiber, cotton’s production has become the plight of environmental responsibility. The second-most damaging agricultural crop in the world, conventional cotton farming is uses 25% of the world’s insecticides and 10% of pesticides globally.

More than 2 billion pounds of synthetic fertilizers were applied to cotton crops worldwide in 2000 and it’s estimated that 1/3 lb. Of synthetic chemicals is required to make 1 lb. Of cotton – roughly the amount necessary for a single t-shirt. Surprisingly, the average “100% cotton” t-shirt contains a mere 73% cotton, the remaining 27% consisting of chemicals, resins, and binders used in farming and manufacturing.

Organic cotton is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. It is also a rotational crop which maintains soil nutrition and ensures ecological balance and soil biodiversity.



This remarkable and versatile type of fabric offers a completely eco-friendly solution to many of our modern needs.

Historically, bamboo has been used in Asia for the production of textiles, medicine and paper. It has also been incorporated in construction and transportation. Nowadays, thanks to contemporary manufacturing methods, bamboo pulp can be processed into fibers that are later used to create yarn and fabrics.

Bamboo it’s softer than silk, making it one of the most comfortable and breathable materials you’ll ever wear, it’s also anti-bacterial, resistant to wrinkles, and has eco friendly properties when made sustainably. 

We love using fabrics made out of bamboo and we encourage you to know more about it!


Lenzing ECOvero™

EcoVero fabric has a very soft hand feel and luxurious appearance. EcoVero is a modified version of viscose with a lower environmental impact.

It’s manufactured using natural and renewable raw materials, filaments of cellulose made of wood pulp extracted from trees.

The main advantages of Lenzing EcoVero compared to natural fibers such as cotton are low costs and water requirements.

This material has a much lower environmental impact than generic viscose, lowering CO2 emissions to air, also fibers are certified with the EU Ecolabel.



Scroll to Top